Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday, January 22 (Bb)

Becca: “I miss you all so much, and I really miss the country.  Here it’s hot and there are lots of thunderstorms.  We live right next to a farm which has a couple of peacocks. In front of us is a game reserve. We can see the zebra.  I normally see them in the morning, but there are also blesbok which come out often.  At school I have a few friends.  Their names are Kate and Isla.  Two days ago my upper left molar tooth came out during the last period of school.  I was just about to take a test.  Yesterday we got to talk with the Taylors and I learned that Will’s upper left molar tooth also came out two days ago.”
Books: Recently, Skyping with my friend Malea, she suggested I read the series the Hunger Games.  I'd also received this suggestion from a couple of girls at school, and so I borrowed it from a friend.  It turns out my Aunt Elizabeth and Aunt Amy had also wanted Mom to read the series.  I devoured the book in less than 24 hours, and can't wait to borrow the next one.
Blueberry Pancakes:  This morning for breakfast, Dad's making blueberry pancakes.  Oddly enough, frozen fruit isn't very popular around here.  Mom buys the blueberries from a Fruit and Veg store because you can't find them in most grocery stores.



Bout: It took me a while to find a synonym for "meet" or "competition" that starts with 'b'.  Last Friday Teresa and I had our inter-house swimming gala, with mandatory attendance.  We're in the Hawks house, which is green, and our theme was superheroes.  Hawks won, even though we're the smallest house, and we got the most distinctions.






Please read the Taylor's blog at robandjennifer.wordpress.com and consider supporting them!

3 comments:

  1. Great post!! I love to hear from other family members and their thoughts on S.A. Keep it up. :-) Glad you are enjoying the Hunger Games. You will fly through the other 2 books, ignoring everything else you probably should be doing. Congrats on the meet! Love, Aunt Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara - Love the A, B, alphabet idea - you are doing a great job(of course I'm not surprised!). Thanks for keeping us posted - it is fun to read about all that is going on. Hope these next few weeks go by fast - we know you miss your Dad. Our prayers are with you - always! Schools are closed here today because of overnight freezing rain - ugh - it should be snow!! Hugs to all! Grandma Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool stuff you have got and you keep update all of us. sexy gaming

    ReplyDelete