Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday, 3 October (Storms and phones)

     Everyone has been telling me how 'wow' the storms are here; some people love them, and some people can't stand them.  Saturday and Sunday we got our first big storm while in country.  It POURED, harder than I've ever seen it pour in Washington.  Of course, having missed the rain, I couldn't help but go and dance outside...ok not really dancing, just spinning around and getting wet.  It hailed too, ice chunks the size of a dime in diameter.  The thunder and lighting, as well, were big, going both at the same time, shaking the house and lighting up outside.  All in all - I loved it!
     Back in the states, I didn't have a phone; I didn't really need one since I was at home all day, with Mom.  Here, though, I'm at school, or out with friends, and I don't want to be rude, constantly asking to borrow a phone from someone.  Sunday, Mom and I got our new phones: blackberries!  Mine's purple, and hers is red.  The majority of people here have blackberries, because BBMing (blackberry messenger) is much cheaper than SMSing or calling.  

6 comments:

  1. Way to go! Blackberries - love it. Enjoy! How long before Teresa gets hers??
    Thanks for your birthday messages! Grandma Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did your mother happen to comment that the rain was like a Michigan thunderstorm. Sure sounds like it and I know she experienced a few of those in Ann Arbor.
    Grampa Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an emergency phone...only to be used as a last resort. It is a not so good phone, not a blackberry.
    I don't know if I will get a good phone, or a blackberry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE my bb! I am sure you be attached to it soon!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It rained so hard that the water poured under the doors. Is that ok?

    ReplyDelete