Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 (Report card, Wed night church, Drakensburg)

     In typing the post title for this, I began to write Wednesday, July 7, 2011... That's what it feels like.  At the moment, at 4:30pm, it's 29°C (84°F) with a high of 27°C (81°F).  Unfortunately, our pool is still empty of water, so no swimming at the moment.  Supposedly, they'll sand, repaint, fix the pipes, and refill the pool this weekend.
     Earlier today, Mom and I drove over to the school to pick up my report card.  I passed everything, even Afrikaans.  Pass here is 40%, even though I tried to hold myself to a 80% standard.  Normally I'm a straight-A student, and I plan to continue that next year, but I missed out on two-thirds of their learning year.  And Afrikaans? You've got to be kidding me....
     This evening we're going to church - one thing we really love about Church of Christ is that it has church on Wednesday nights, like Chapel Hill does.  It makes it feel a little more like home.  If I have time later I'll update this with pictures of the church.
     I won't be able to post this coming Saturday and Wednesday because we're taking a week long vacation into the Drakensburg Mountains (the picture below is off the internet - I'll have lots of the mountains when we come back).  Unless it's changed from last year, according to the DeChalains, there's no wifi up there! We'll be hiking, swimming, seeing waterfalls, and possibly horsebackriding.  It makes me wonder though - everyone here says the Drakensburg are absolutely gorgeous, but we come from mountain territory.  Will it be as gorgeous to us as it is to them?  We'll find out!  We're leaving on Friday, and we'll be gone for a week, staying in an 8-bed cabin.  The DeChalains had reserved the cabin, but they aren't able to go, so they offered it to us instead!


2 comments:

  1. Have a WONDERFUL time!
    Grandma Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shall be eager to see and hear of your trip - sounds grand! Grandma Joy

    ReplyDelete