Saturday, February 4, 2012

Saturday, Feb 04 (Ee)

eggs, esther, extra mural activities
 When you have to feed 10 people per sitting (the 8 of us, plus Nathan and Adrianne, who are staying with us this week), you go through a lot of eggs.  Each of these trays holds 28 eggs, and we get three trays per week.  That's 7 dozen eggs!

 A couple of words from Esther: "I miss you. Hope to see you soon, next year. Life is good. My favorite fruit here is guava and my favorite restaurant is Pizza Del Forno ( I think that's how it's spelled).  I also like Papachinos cause we got to make our own pizzas.  My favorite class is history and science and english."




At school this term we're doing a lot of extra curricular activities.  I meant to actually put this under "Dd", but I forgot, and it fits better here anyways.  Ivan does cricket and swimming, Esther does chess and softball, and Becca also does chess and softball, as well as choir.  This last game that Becca participated in, she pitched half the game.  Go Becca!  Teresa does softball (she's on the Junior team) and her team is doing well.  Jonathon does cricket and choir, and then chess, and he's loving choir, being the natural singer he is.  I'm doing swimming and this year I started debating.  I'm really enjoying debating so far; I've debated communism and we're prepping for a debate opposing the statement "This house believes that individuality is more important than uniforms."  Along with all of these, five of the six of us do music.  I do vocal coaching with Jonathon, who also does guitar, and Becca, Esther, and Teresa are continuing with their piano studies.

1 comment:

  1. Sara - Wonderful entries - and I love the alphabet thing - it works!!Loved the photos and hearing about school and eggs, etc. I, too, was on the debate team in high school!! Hugs all around and hope you have no more late night security alarms! Love and hugs - Grandma Joy

    ReplyDelete