Monday, July 4, 2011

July 3, 2011 (Long Lake, Minnesota)

We got here, to our lake cabin on Long Lake, in Park Rapids, Minnesota, around seven yesterday evening.    It's such a beautiful lake, and so relaxing..... until the cousins show up!  Just a couple properties over from us is Reese's Retreat (we stay at Derr Crossing, and my great grandmother was a Reese) and it gets really crazy on the beach in the heat of the day.  The water is a cool 70 degrees, and the sun bakes the sand; all in all, a wonderful day.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! What a way to start your South Africa Adventure! Keep up the good work!
    Grandma Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sara it's Anya, I hope you'll love SA as much as I do, I totally know what you’re going through cause I leave for the Washington DC about the same time you arrive here... weird right? I hope you have an AWESOME adventure and come to call South Africa your home!

    ReplyDelete