Friday, July 29, 2011

Wednesday, July 27 (Atlanta, Georgia)

After we left the lake, we went to Atlanta, Georgia to meet up with our friends the Salmons and the Magnells.  Normally, the Hinds are also included in this group, creating our group the SaMaHiDes but it was just the SaMaDes this time.  Our first day there we went to the local water park because it was HOT, for us Washingtonians anyways.  I didn't bring my camera to that, fearing water damage, so no picture from there on my camera, but I'm hoping that the Salmons will be able to send me a couple to post.  So if I post Atlanta pictures from Georgia, you know why.  The second and final day in Atlanta, before boarding our 15 hour flight to Johannesburg, we visited the Georgia Aquarium, the largest aquarium in the world.  We got to see an indoor dolphin show, touch stingrays and sharks, see belugas, and visit the South African Penguins.  Bit of a coincidence there :)  That's what this picture is of, and we're planning to visit the actual South African penguins sometime while we're here.

No comments:

Post a Comment