Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday, August 26 (Johannesburg, Gauteng)

     This morning, I was ready to leave the house by half past 8.  In fact, I wasn't leaving until half past 12.  I went to the mall today with three girls from my class: Jessica, Claudia, and Megan.  I enjoyed talking with them, learning about school, Johannesburg, and South African life in general.  While I was there, Mom, Dad, and the rest of my siblings visited the farm house again, showing it to Dad, who had yet to see it.
     After dinner, I visited the NCCB (New Covenant Church, Bryanston) Youth group, the one connected with the school.  Although the youth leader had just had an operation and was out recovering, I met two other girls my age, one in my class, and one in the second ninth grade class.  They gave me a tour of the school, pointing out my classes and such, and explained how some parts of the school worked.  I had a good time. :)

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you made some friends. I am happy for you. So what is the school start date?
    Grampa Jerry

    ReplyDelete