Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunday, August 21 (Bryanston, Johannesburg)

     These past weeks we have been visiting different churches; friend's churches, our hosts' church, etc.  Today, we visited the church that is connected to our school, New Covenant Church.  Although I didn't sit in service, and instead tagged along with my siblings to Sunday school, I rather liked the church.  I met a girl my age (!!!), Ashley, and I plan on going to Youth on Friday night to meet some other girls.  Mom and Dad said the service was good, and my siblings all liked M4J (the Sunday school), and Becca and Esther also met a girl their age, Hannah.
     After church, we were invited over to Hannah's family's house for lunch (Hannah is 11, and her brother, Seth, is 9).  Lunch turned into afternoon, and afternoon turned into evening, and we didn't end up leaving until quarter to 5.  Quite a lunch!  We had a pleasant time, and even though I didn't have someone my age to play with, all the others had lots of fun.

6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear this! Church, friends, lunch, all in one day! Great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly sounds like you passed a pleasant afternoon. It is my prayer for you that you make lots of good friends. It sure makes life easier and more fun!

    It sure sounds like that church community holds some promise for the Derr family.

    We are off to church now ourselves.
    Blessings,
    Grampa Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara - my next question was going to be, "How are the churches?" I echo Grandma Joan - what a day!
    Blessings & hugs from Minnesota to you all - fall is on the way here, as you move into summer! Love, Grandma Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What language is spoken in church?

    ReplyDelete
  5. English, and a little bit of Africaans

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! You will soon be truly multi-lingual.

    ReplyDelete