Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday, September 9 (King's College, Bryanston)

     Today at school it was Springbok day, which meant no one had to wear their uniform and instead we wore white takkies (sneakers), jeans, and either a Springbok (national rugby team) supporting t-shirt, or our Fresh Friday t-shirts.  Mom picked us each up a shirt for R40 so we could wear it and fit in.  Personally, I don't care for it, but I'll wear it to show support for my new country.

     This evening, we have a guest coming over, a colleague from Dad's work.  Ivan is over at Dominique De Shalane's house (that spelling isn't correct).

4 comments:

  1. Why do they call your sneakers "tackles."

    Grandma Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do we call tennis shoes "sneakers"?

    Note the great "rugby in action" pic...or something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We also called them tenny pumps when I was in high school - just like I call pants -- slacks.
    Great job Sara - thanks for keeping us posted each day. Do you think you'll be able to keep it up once you start having homework every day? I sure hope so!
    Hugs and more hugs - and Teresa, I know you have a BIG day coming up!!!
    Love, Grandma Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are called sneakers because they are very quiet to walk in and do not squeak like leather shoes. Thus you are able to sneak around quietly.

    I am a font of useless information!
    Grampa Jerry

    ReplyDelete