Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunday, 18 September (More Unpacking)

     So yesterday I promised an extra picture because I was too tired to post one last night.  Howehhhhhver, I can't find the card reader :).  It's somewhere in the house... I think?  I'm sure I'll find it soon, or we'll purchase a new one, and then I'll add photos.  Today was a day spent unpacking.  The whole morning I worked on pulling out kitchenware, and the afternoon I put away clothes and stuff in my room.  It was so much fun, surprisingly, to unpack the kitchen; finding apricot blueberry basil jam, and salmonberry preserves, and apple butter, and chewy raisins, and then all of our personalized bowls and Mom's ceramic bowls.  Unpacking my room was boring, I only pulled out clothes because we don't have bookshelves for my books and knickknacks, but that'll come soon.  School again tomorrow, and then more unpacking in the afternoon.  In a couple of weeks, we'll be all settled in!

3 comments:

  1. We were thinking of you all day yesterday - packing and unpacking. Your new home sounds wonderful and we can't wait to see photos -- and we are already looking forward to visiting. Love hearing about the Derr African Saga!!
    Love and hugs, Grandma Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO glad you all are in your "own home.". May God bless the house and each one of you there!
    Grandma joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fascinating, I await the pictures. I am back from 3 days on the Saskatchewan veldt (prairie). The critters I was pursuing did not cooperate! But the worst day spent hunting is better than the best day spent working.

    I am sure your Mom is happy to have her own kitchen with her own stuff in her own house!
    Grampa Jerry

    ReplyDelete