Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tuesday, September 13 (Bryanston, Johannesburg)

     Today was a pretty typical Tuesday school day.  Assembly, Afrikaans, Science, Drama, English, and Math's.  After classes let out, all those doing athletics (track and field) made their way down to the field.  I was raced against the sprinters for a spot on the team, and I came in just barely behind the fastest sprinter. Although I don't know my actual sprint-time, I am now the reserve for the 100-meter sprint.  I was also placed on the relay team, and I am the starter for that event.  Tomorrow is my first track event, and Teresa is attending her second track event, the two of us at different schools.  Jonathon intends to challenge for long or high jump at one point, Esther wants to go out for running and long jump, Becca also enjoys long jump, and Ivan's favorite event is long jump as well.  Hmmm.... I think I see a pattern here.... long jump, long jump, long jump and..... long jump.  :)


1 comment:

  1. Mom will be busy driving you each to your different places!
    Grandna Joan

    ReplyDelete