Monday, September 5, 2011

Monday, September 5 (Bryanston, Johannesburg)

     Mom and I visited the school this morning, seeking answers to questions.  We met with Jonathon and Becca's teachers, and with the Deputy Headmaster of High School.  We learned that I would in fact have to take Africaans this year, but it's perfectly alright for me to fail the class so long as I have tried.  I'm the midst of choosing my classes for next year, and, thankfully, I don't have to take Africaans then.  I can take an extra subject instead, which might be Spanish, but we're not yet sure how that will work out.
     This afternoon, Mom stopped by Waltons, a school and office supply store, to pick up pencils and rulers, and maths sets, and things like that.  Although the trip wasn't entirely successful (it's the middle of the school year, and they don't restock until the beginning of the school year, January), we have enough supplies to last us.  All of us kids are SO excited to start school tomorrow, we're counting down the hours! 

1 comment: