Saturday, September 24, 2011

Saturday, 24 September (Athletics Meetings)

     Track meets again today!  I left at 7:15 this morning for Bealieu College and ran in the 800m, the 100m, the 200m, the relay race, and jumped long jump.  I know I came sixth in the 800m, and our team came third in relay, but I don't know how I placed in the other events.  Overall, our school came third out of all the schools competing.
The top picture is our school, in track uniform and suits, waiting for races to start. The bottom picture is me in the 'set' (on your mark, get set, go!) position, before running the relay.  At the moment, I've very sore, now experiencing 'shin splints' for the first time ever.

     Teresa ran and won hurdles at her athletics meeting, and her team also won relay.  Jonathon ran the 1200m, and did well, although he's not sure what place he was; Becca placed fourth in hurdles, and sixth in both 1200m and long jump.  Esther placed second in 100m, 150m, 200m, and relay.  

8 comments:

  1. WOW! The Derr kids are track winners!!!

    Grandma Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job! I'm digging the grass track, and Sara, are you barefoot?? Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed! Way to go Derrs! How long is the track season - what comes after that? Did Mom and Dad get to see everyone run, jump, etc.?
    Grandma Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I'm barefoot. We're supposed to run either in spikes or barefoot to get better traction, and I don't want to buy spikes, so I chose option B. I'm not sure how long the track season is, but afterwards is swimming. Mom came to see me run, and Dad went to see the younger 5.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara forgot to mention that I came second in the 1200m and failed at long jump and the 100m.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job, Teresa!! :-) No worries about the long jump or 100m. Keep having fun! Aunt Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sara & Teresa,
    How many schools competed in these two meets?

    Sounds like you are both enjoying the sport. Great!

    Grampa Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Four schools competed in my meet, I'm not sure how many in Teresa's

    ReplyDelete